The data collected by the European Commission during the last 12 years in the 27 countries of the European Union, shows that 72% of the 231 habitats surveyed is now compromised (ranging between 40% as unfavourable and 32% as severely unfavourable).
LIFE WolfAlps EU
In addition, a supplementary agreement between Life and Almo Nature has been made whereby the latter provides free kibble for anti-poison trained dogs operating in the Alps. The activities of the project, to which Fondazione Capellino donates its contribution, are:
- the creation of ecological corridors;
- the strengthening of anti-poison dog units and their activities;
- the monitoring of the presence of wolves in the Alps;
- the strengthening of support teams for the prevention of predation in mountain pastures;
- the mitigation of conflict between human activities and wolves;
- General expenses.
The Livestock Guarding Dog
The “La Ninna” Hedgehog Recovery Centre
Habitat: the geography of others
- Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle;
- Tela Botanica;
- Asters – CEN de Haute-Savoie;
- Fédération des réserves naturelles catalanes;
- Parc naturel régional du Morvan;
- Parc naturel régional des Volcans d’Auvergne,
- Association Petite Camargue Alsacienne;
- Fondazione Capellino.
3 marine protected areas in Sardinia
- Capo Carbonara (Villasimius): MPA of 14,360 hectares, provides for the cleaning and recycling of pollution from ALDFG (Abandoned, Lost or otherwise Discarded Fishing Gear), and the extension of the protected area (ongoing) with Min. Trans.ne Ecologica that would bring it to 20,000 hectares. An Intervention of €74k, over 2 years from January 2022. Dr. Fabrizio Atzori Director MPA, specialising in Marine Biology.
- Capo Caccia (Isola Piana): a complex of 100 submerged caves with diverse biodiversity and at least 5 habitats considered crucial and a priority for the EU. The proposal focuses on a direct intervention to protect local marine habitats, through the installation of four mooring lines in the extreme southern portion of the promontory of Capo Caccia, where dive sites are more concentrated. An Intervention of €20K, over 1 year from January 2022. Dr. Mariano Mariani Director AMP, and the Special Park of Porto Conte.
- Asinara National Park & Marine Protected Area: the aim is to extend the perimeter of the MPA from 11,000 hectares to 17,000 hectares, and to improve local fisheries management measures in addition to habitat recovery and biodiversity conservation. An Intervention of €50K, over 2 years from January 2022. Dr. Vittorio Gazale Director AMP, and the National Park.
- Interventions are irreversible and so is the extension of the protected area.
- The management remains under the aegis of the AMP/Managing Body supported and backed by the Ministry of Ecological Transition/Ministry of Environment and Local Authorities from which they receive contributions proportionate to the size.
Detection dogs in Benin
CRAS of Genoa (Wild Animal Recovery Centre)
“Survivors of Homo Sapiens”
Save the Moon Bears
Born Free – Caretta Caretta (Loggerhead) Sea Turtle
Farmers & Predators
- DifesAttiva Liguria,
- Canis Lupus Association,
- Union Communes of Garfagnana,
- Pollino National Park,
- ADGP Association,
- DifesAttiva Maremma,
- Parco delle Foreste Casentinesi,
- die Region Venetien.
This company is Almo Nature, fully owned by Fondazione Capellino.
Discover Almo Nature
Become a driving force of Reintegration Economy!