HFC WILD TASTE Yellowfin Tuna
Our new Wild Taste line of Almo Nature HFC wet cat food is now available to buy. The new product features Tuna that’s 100% HFC i.e. originally fit for human consumption¹. The main ingredient in our new HFC Wild Taste food for cats is yellowfin tuna buzzonaglia. The buzzonaglia is made up of threaded parts connected with the central spine, which have a high iron content and are low in fat.
THE TASTE AND THE SMELL
Appreciated for its softness, HFC Wild Taste Yellowfin Tuna has a particularly strong and intense flavour and smell. A “smell” that cats like but that can be surprising for humans not used to intense smells (in some Italian regions, buzzonaglia is used to make pasta sauces by our human friends).
WHY USE BUZZONAGLIA FOR A CAT FOOD?
Buzzonaglia, though not as familiar to humans because it is considered a less valuable cut of fish, is particularly suited to our cats’ natures as carnivores and hunters that are guided by their sense of smell, as it is rich in aromatic blood.
The origin of the new HFC Wild Taste Yellowfin Tuna
The search for a coherence between what is socially desirable and what has economic value has led us to:
- choosing to produce our new product in Italy
- only using tuna from stock that’s not overfished, complying with social and environmental criteria established by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- tracking every batch throughout its supply chain to ensure the fish we use is captured using marine ecosystem-friendly methods (i.e. pole & line fishing and purse seines on free schools, without the use of fish aggregating devices [FADs])
- to not use tuna caught with longlines or driftnets, which result in high by-catch percentages
- we use only suppliers able to prove their fish originate from fishing vessels certified as Dolphin-Safe by the Earth Island Institute.
COMPOSITION: Tuna 75%, Fish broth 24% and Rice 1% – Net weight 70g
¹ Almo Nature describes as “HFC” the ingredients originally fit for human consumption (according to Regulation (EC) N. 1069/2009 article 10, paragraph a)