The long-term goal
Companion Animal For Life is a European project that aims to create a regulatory framework to prevent the abandonment of dogs and cats and prohibit the suppression of healthy individuals (dogs and cats).
It strives to transform shelters into mere temporary transit places with the ultimate target to consequently reduce the number of abandoned and stray animals.
“IDENTIFICATION®ISTRATION (I&R)” GOAL
Ensuring humans can be held responsible for the care of their animals from the day of birth.
● Creating a mandatory European register (web platform) of identification and registration (I&R) for dogs and for cats within the first days of life. Compulsory I&R both for private litters and breeders’ litters, who become the first responsible for the puppies they have given birth to
● Regulating the transfer of ownership of the responsibility for the Companion Animal (on the same European I&R register) for private individuals and for breeders
● Creation of a European register of breeders with access by examination
● Regulation of private litters
● Certainty of punishment and dissuasive measures of repression for violators
“RESPECT ME” GOAL
Abolition of the suppression of healthy dogs and cats (abuse of euthanasia)
● Supporting the existing groups and associations already engaged on the matter
“ADOPT ME” GOAL
Encouraging adoptions from shelters
● Supporting Almo Nature sales force and the shops, shelters and associations promoting the adoptions
Important project numbers
0 cats and dogs have been given food support and a better chance on adoption
0 shelters and associations have joined the project
0 meals have been donated to shelters to help feed cats and dogs
How can we accomplish this together?
By purchasing Almo Nature pet food > you are helping to finance this project
Participating in whatever which way + Sharing information about the project + Signing petitions + Sharing the awareness campaign to sustain our efforts
Ensuring less companion animals are left in shelters for an extended period of time + Putting pressure on public authorities to encourage them to use the available resources to tackle local issues surrounding stray and abandoned animals
100% of Almo Nature’s profits are used to help animals through various projects of Fondazione Capellino, in total transparency and without any external funding.
When you buy Almo Nature products, you act for change.